Applicants to the MA Program in Applied Psychology are expected to hold undergraduate degrees or both undergraduate and master’s degrees or specialist diplomas. The program does not require its applicants to have an undergraduate major in psychology; applicants from other backgrounds are admitted. Applicants without course work in psychology or social sciences, however, will be required to complete foundational courses in preparation for the core curriculum. Foundational courses are offered as part of the MA Program.
The first deadline for application submission is March 30, 2020.
The second deadline for application submission is June 26, 2020.
The third deadline for application submission is August 28, 2020.
The MA Program in Applied Psychology will consider applications from students holding baccalaureate (and higher) degrees from accredited institutions. The application package includes the following documents:
1. Official copies of any and all university transcripts / marksheets (Note: Applicants who have graduated from educational institutions outside of Kyrgyz Republic must present a document confirming they have obtained the equivalent of the Kyrgyz Republic’s state diploma of higher education (for graduate program applicants). The document issued by the foreign academic institution and its notarized Russian translation (including transcripts / marksheets) must be submitted to the Ministry for Education of the Kyrgyz Republic in order to confirm the level and content of study completed. The Ministry then issues a certificate recognizing the applicant’s education, which should be submitted along with this application form to the University).
2. Copy of passport information pages and for non-Kyrgyz citizens living in Kyrgyzstan, a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page (international students must check in with the Student Visa and Registration Coordinator within 2 days of arrival to submit copies of their Kyrgyz Visa and complete Ministry of Foreign Affairs registration paperwork)
3. Color photograph (3 x 4 cm – white background)
4. Official TOEFL Certificate (paper-based or internet-based) – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 0419 or Official IELTS Certificate – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 8305 FOR GRADUATE APPLICATIONS
(FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS) Official Standardized Test Results: SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I) – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 5825 or ACT plus Writing Test – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 5479 (FOR GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS) Official Standardized Test Results: GMAT – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE S2B-2G-87 or GRE – REPORT TO AUCA INSTITUTION CODE 0419
Please state your reasons for applying to the American University of Central Asia, and how your studies at AUCA will contribute toward your career goals. Why do you want to get a graduate degree? What are your career plans in 5 years? Limit your essay to 700 words / 1 page. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FROM GRADUATE PROGRAM APPLICANTS
6. 2 recommendation letter from the professors of the university the applicant graduated from.
7. Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Specialist Diploma or if currently enrolled in university, a certificate from institution certifying that an applicant is in the last year (Note: Upon admission to AUCA, the original copy of Bachelor’s Degree / Specialist Diploma or confirmation of degree completion must be submitted to the Office of Admissions)
8. Curriculum Vitae / Resume in English which includes work history
9. AUCA Admission Application Form 2020
10. Entrance Interview
American University of Central Asia reserves the right to evaluate an application and render a final decision even if all pieces of the application have not been received.
The application package is to be submitted to:
AUCA Office of Psychology
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev St., Room 310
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic 720060
Telephone: (+996 312) 915-000
Fax: (+996 312) 315-028